Well, we had our first few days of inservice and we get kids on Monday...so summer is officially over! We have been super busy with baseball, getting the baby stuff ready and getting our basement started. Pete's season is over for baseball after a disappointing loss to Canova in the quarter finals the other night. They would have had a chance to win it all again this year if that game would have went their way. Oh well, that just means I don't have to spend this last weekend of summer in Mitchell! And Pete has more time to work on the basement. He has been working really hard getting it all framed up. He thinks he might actually finish that by today. It is looking great and will be so nice to have finished up!
I ran out to Spearfish for a few days to get some things finalized with selling my trailer and to see my rally friends from New Jersey. I didn't get my usual ride in with them this year, but it was still so great to see them! Lacey gave me a ride back to Sioux Falls and she, Kaden and Avery stayed for 4 days to help me get the baby room all put together and my classroom back in shape. It was so much fun to have them here!!!! I am pretty sure the kids were sick of shopping, but I promised them we could do fun things next time they came! The baby room looks wonderful...if I may say so. It feels so good to have it put together!
Baby is still doing well. It is fun to watch the feet and butt and all the other identifiable body parts move around...although it doesn't always feel the best! :0) I am getting big and a little uncomfortable at this point. I have new "kankles" that I don't find very attractive...and I am sure they will just get worse as I am on my feet all day teaching. But we only have less than 6 weeks to go!! I can't believe it! We will keep everyone updated over the next few weeks and can't wait until we have more exciting news than my swollen feet! :0)

No comments:
Post a Comment