Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Over 2 weeks old already...and we should just be coming home from the hospital!

I am finally getting back to get some more pictures put up.  We were due just a few days ago on the 24th...by then she had been around for over 2 weeks.  Crazy!!  I couldn't imagine what life was going to be like with her and now I can't imagine what life would be like without her.  She is a very good baby.  We are having a little trouble learning how to nurse, but that is getting better every day...and sometimes each night!  We found out that she was tongue tied so we had that clipped and that has really helped with her feeding.  We did avoid having to put her on a billy blanket, which was good.  She is rapidly gaining weight and was back up to her birth weight in under a week, and she came home at only 5 lb, 9 oz. (Her birth weight was 6 lb, 7 oz.)  We have had lots of visitors, but they have come in shifts which is nice.  My mom left over a week ago...I bawled forever!  Tessa, Wayne and the kids were here that weekend though and then Kass and Justin came out Wed night-Friday.  Calli will be here tomorrow (Sunday) through Wed.  So I haven't been too lonely yet!  (I am not one to be alone for days on end...so I am very thankful for them!)  We hope to get Grandma Amie and Pauline out here to meet the little one soon...and hopefully we can get back west before too long!  Enjoy the pictures...hopefully it isn't every 2 weeks that I get them updated.  Should be a little easier now that we are getting adjusted!

                         2 weeks old

No comments:

Post a Comment